Monday, February 28, 2011

One Project Leads to Another


I recently found a cool stepper motor controller for sale on ebay called the STEPGENIE. For six dollars (shipped) you get an easy to use controller in a single DIP package. It interfaces nicely with HEXFETs to drive a unipolar motor.

In the past I have always made my own controllers with logic chips, but the STEPGENIE really simplifies things, and puts everything in a nice (small) package. So quicker than you can say BUY IT NOW...........

The IC's arrived (quickly, I might add) and I breadboarded the circuit. I realized I would need a bounce free switch, or a square wave oscillator to drive the chip. These are not particularly hard to make, but it occurred to me I have built this circuit dozens of times.

It's time to build a module to keep on my bench to speed up my breadboarding.

So before I solder up the driver, I will make up a permanent version of the oscillator/bounce free switch circuit ( it's the circuit on the right in the photo)
(By the way, circuit performs flawlessly)

No comments:

Post a Comment